With the first big heat of the year coming, it’s important to hydrate properly while enjoying the benefits of the sun!
Today we offer two recipes featuring citrus fruits in delicious homemade beverages:
3 fresh strawberries, halved
2 whole frozen strawberries
2 tablespoons cane sugar
1 lemon, juiced
3/4 cup cold water
2 fresh mint leaves
Place the half-strawberries and sugar in a dish, then crush them with a pestle so that the strawberries eventually approach the texture of a puree and the sugar is dissolved. Add the fresh water and lemon juice. Mix everything together. Add the 2 mint leaves on top. Serve with frozen strawberries and ice cubes.
Moroccan orange juice (with pulp)
6 fresh oranges
2 whole lemons
90g cane sugar
5 cups fresh water
2 tablespoons orange blossom water
Peel, then cut the oranges and lemons into pieces. Mix everything at high speed with the sugar. Add the fresh water and blend for a few seconds. Then add the orange blossom water. Adjust the amount of water according to the amount of pulp desired.
Why is it recommended to eat citrus fruits?
Low in calories, the different citrus fruits you know are healthy foods that are easily added to our routine. For example, we slip into our refreshing drinks in order to enjoy their advantages during the summer season.
Citrus fruits are a source of flavonoids, powerful antioxidants that help your body stay healthy. According to Dr. Richard Béliveau,they are rich in vitamins and minerals. For example, lemons contain not only magnesium and potassium, but also calcium and a good dose of vitamin C.
Did you know that?
- Vitamin C offers a beauty advantage, helps to limit the formation of cellulite and helps the body to burn fat better;
- It helps maintain immune function, prevents deficiencies, helps connective tissue formation and can facilitate healing.
- Our body naturally produces collagen to protect your skin and vitamins C promotes its production;
- It also has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties;
- In smokers, cigarette smoke can remove up to 25mg of vitamin C from the body.
Take good care of your body during the summer and enjoy the natural vitamins that nature shares!